What happened to the disk tools in XP Pro?

Rupp

I'm having trouble running Acronis True Image on my HS server because it's reporting that it is encountering a bad sector. I used to be able to run a checkdisk in win98. Is this no longer available for XP Pro.

See if this helps:
Running Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer
In addition to using the command-line version of Chkdsk, you can run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer. The graphical version of Chkdsk offers the equivalent of read-only mode, the /f parameter, and the /r parameter.
If Chkdsk cannot lock the volume, you can schedule Autochk to run the next time you restart the computer. You cannot choose to dismount the volume like you can when you use the command-line version of Chkdsk, nor can you use other Chkdsk parameters, such as /c or /i. To take advantage of all the Chkdsk parameters, use the command-line version of Chkdsk.
To run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer
In My Computer or Windows Explorer, right-click the volume you want to check, and then click Properties.
On the Tools tab, click Check Now.
Do one of the following:
To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
To run Chkdsk by using the /f parameter, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start.
To run Chkdsk by using the /r parameter, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box, and then click Start.

Command line syntax is:
chkdsk [volume[[path] filename]] [/f] [/v] [/r] [/x] [/i] [/c] [/l[:size]]

Use chkdsk /? For a full description of the parameters.

Under XP Pro, open My Computer, right-click the drive in question, select Properties, click the Tools tab, click the Check Now button, set the options you want and hit OK. Note that Defrag is here also.

You can also get to these tools in another form using the Storage/Disk Manager section of the Computer Management plug-in that is under Administrative Tools. If you have admin priviledges on the system, you can modify the Start menu to contain the Administrative Tools menu item.

Or use Start/Run and type in "compmgmt.msc".

Yea after I asked I found them on the right click menu. Thanks. The disk check seems to have helped my Acronis True Image problem. Thanks for all the help guys.

Back