*** What is everyone using for Serial Communicator for M1G.

Mp333

What is everyone using for Serial Communicator for M1G since the sunset for 3G is here? I have to replace my Uplink CDMAEZ since it will no communicating.

Thanks for feedback.

Uplink 5500EZ Att LtE model setup by Alarm Relay. Replaced the older 4500ez which got phased out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could never get that to work on my M1G. Elk support (at the time) said it was unsupported and they had no plans for an update. Is yours fully working?

What's the model number from the unit? All the docs I found for the EZ show empty solder pads where the serial header should be. Would love to get serial comms for LTE!

Will get into attic to get specifics. It had the same serial header as as previous unit. I used the existing serial cable to my Elk.

34c2a63e6990075f56cbc8a5cebf9389.jpg
d03fe0f289df7b22cc366a4f185b40a7.jpg
5e544320057f62c230687c8651c39bb1.jpg

Uplink 5500 AT&T version. Works great with Ek and monitored by Alarm Relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really glad to hear you've got that working. I've got the same unit sitting on a shelf because I couldn't get it to work with Geoarm. The thing that's really confusing me is that when I was troubleshooting with Elk about my 5500ATT not working, the resolution was this:

Our Product Manager was able to get the UpLink 5500 for ELK Engineering to evaluate. The connector on the 5500  has the pinout for Tx, Rx, and Gnd but apparently Uplink is using a different RS232 serial protocol.  The current M1XSP Firmware 10.0.6 to support the UpLink4500EZ is not compatible with the new UpLink 5500 unit.  At this time I can’t guarantee ELK will create an M1XSP Firmware version to support the UpLink 5500. If we do release a version I’ll be glad to let you know.

Thank you,
Brad Weeks
Technical Support

But you've quite clearly got it working! Do you recall doing anything "unusual" when you set it up?

Nothing at all. Just worked on phone with Alarm Relay and Uplink to activate unit and test. Drop in replacement for previous 4500 unit. Same serial header. Same message it outputs if Cellular service drops. Same Elk rules to alert me of Uplink drops service still work from my original Uplink unit.

Alarm did have some issue that they had to consult with Uplink. Had a three way support call at one point then Uplink got Alarm Relay straighten out and it worked.

Alarm relay sold me the 5500 and even asked me to pick a cellular provider that had best service in my area. AT&T has the best coverage in my area.

Exactly the experience I was hoping to have the first time I tried to use it as a drop in replacement for my 4500. I've been looking to change to Alarm Relay anyway and this will be a great reason to do it. I can't thank you enough for your help.

Thank you for providing the serial header pin outs years ago. That allowed me to make my own serial cable instead of purchasing one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow. That was almost 10 yrs ago. I may end up going with a 5500 for Verizon network.

Back