what is this entry in my elk log

mustangcoupe

Ok, I installed my first motion sensor last night and tested it everything looked ok... but today I got this log entry and a notification by nextalarm.

Thu 5/10/2007,07:15,1,1146 = RESTORE BURGLAR ZONE,Kitchen Motion (Zn 193)

what doed it mean?

Thanks

Ok, I installed my first motion sensor last night and tested it everything looked ok... but today I got this log entry and a notification by nextalarm.

Thu 5/10/2007,07:15,1,1146 = RESTORE BURGLAR ZONE,Kitchen Motion (Zn 193)

what doed it mean?

Thanks

On first look it seems as if the Kitchen Motion was either disabled or violated when you armed the system. For whatever reason (maybe when you woke up at 7:15am) it "saw" you, reset itself and told the Elk that it was again available. If it is not a new motion sensor then I would check to make sure the connections between it and the Elk are secure.

Just my .02

Houston, it was just installed yesterday..........Digger no, not it... I was the last one to leave this morning and it happened just after I armed the system.... same minute on the next line from the arm entry. And my wife came home later in the day and all was ok (I checked remotely that it was still armed and all looked ok)

It sounds like you have alarm restorals programmed in the reporting code for the motion detector. Probably want to turn restoral reporting codes off for motion detectors. The motion probably violated during the exit time and logged restoral at the end of the exit time. No big deal, just a minor setup tweak!! :D

It sounds like you have alarm restorals programmed in the reporting code for the motion detector. Probably want to turn restoral reporting codes off for motion detectors. The motion probably violated during the exit time and logged restoral at the end of the exit time. No big deal, just a minor setup tweak!! :D

Thanks Spanky, the restoral codes were indeed turned on for interior zones!

Back