• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

What's a good web based photo browsing tool?

Rupp

Guys,
I want to host a load of photos on my server to be viewable over the web. What are some good (free would be nice) photo packages?

TIA

Rupp

I would like to use the HS web server but I also run IIS. How much is the one you use?

electron

Administrator
Staff member
free, I wrote it ;) But it uses PHP, so it needs IIS or Apache. It is still in the 'alpha' stage, but it does work pretty well. I am sure there are some free asp based packages out there tho, so they might work with HS.

JohnWPB

Not so sure about that E ;) Most anything useful that is written in asp, will not work on HS's stripped down asp engine :( IIS is going to be the way to go for sure, being you have both installed Rupp.

patsikes

I have been using Picasa (free from Google at www.picasa.com) to manage my albums. It has an option of exporting to a website with some basic formats, XML, or your own custom template.

I am using the XML export to generate photo albums on a .NET site I run...pretty cool stuff. I even have a way to upload a zip of the album folder and have it unpack the folder and save the files.

Check it out here: http://www.steinfjell.com/photos/default.aspx