What's my JDS Stargate worth? What to replace with?

tshephard

I've had a JDS Stargate, I/O Xpander, and two 96LCD Keypads for years.  All work great, but since moving to HomeSeer 3, there is no plugin for it anymore. 

I'm thinking of moving to an Elk M1EZ8 for the I/O, which would also let me get rid of my Caddx which is a bear to program.  I'd replace the 96LCD keypads with wall mounted iPad minis running HSTouch.

What do you think the Stargate equipment is worth?  What do you think of my over replacement plan?  Is there something else to consider?

Thanks!

Still have my Stargate board as part of HA system, although all it is used for now is analog sensors and pulse reading from various meters. I use simple ASCII messages over serial ports to connect it with Homeseer and HAI controller. The Stargate hardware is so good that I sometimes forget it exists, as it never needs any intervention.

I moved to an Elk M1 but found that I still needed my Stargate because the Homeseer Way2Call cannot replace key features I use like paging through my Panasonic phone system. My solution was to connect the 80 inputs on my Stargate in series with 80 inputs on the Elk panel (as described in the JDS application notes) so both Stargate and Homeseer can see when those zones are activated.

Back