Will This Touchscreen Work With MainLobby?

BSR,
If you let it load it is really cool product. I almost cut it off myself, but It finally came up. You might want to give it another look.
Dave

Sure, but it's currently estimated at $5K-$10K per. Estimating consumer-level pricing in 3 years.

Microsoft will not be shipping these until Winter 2007, so you will have to wait a while for one. Plus, the price will be WAY too much IMHO.

In addition, it looks like these are geared towards a surface mount application (hence the name surface), not a wall mount, which would more effective for HA. With all of the data exchange capablilites when you place a smart device ON the surface screen, this would be lost with a wall mount application.

So you could still use them, control your HA from your coffe table or your kitchen island counter.

So you could still use them, control your HA from your coffe table or your kitchen island counter.

True. If you were going to purchase one as a coffee table, it would be nice to integrate it as a HA controller. Hey, you could get rid of your remote, and just lean forward instead! ;)

But Mike said "a bunch"... at those prices, if you have that kind of loose change laying around, i'll travel to your place and volunteer to do any wiring, etc you want just for the price of one... I could by the single airpanel i need, CQC or mainlobby, and the whole house aduio hardware for the living area with that ;)

Back