Wiring DSC AC-100 Glass Break Sensors (and 4 wire motion/occupancy)

toddr

I have started installing my first OmniPro II (and first real security system).  I have already connected the control panels (4), doors, windows, OH doors and thermostats.  However, I got to the glass break and it's really messing with my head.  I think I understand what I need to do, but want to throw it out there to make sure I understand it correctly.

On my DSC AC-100 sensors, I'm pretty sure I will connect the +Red and -Black to the Auxiliary ports on the HAI Controller.  Then connect the Green and Yellow to the Zone + & - (along with the EOLR at the end).  On the AC-100 Sensor itself, the Green would connect to the C (Common?) terminal and the Yellow would connect to the NO (Normally Open).  Since I'm using the EOLR, this should be a NO setup and not a NC...right?

I have a motion sensor that has a similar wiring scheme.  I'm assuming the same applies to this device, too?

6 x AC-100 @ 35mA = Total 210mA (each sensor on separate zone)
2 x Motions @ 25mA = Total 50mA (each sensor on separate zone)
(total cannot exceed 1A)

Do I understand this correctly?

You're overthinking.

R/B go to 12V aux power. For argument's sake (and standardization) Y to zone HI and G to zone COM (or +/-)

Sensor gets wired NC/C. Color is technically unimportant, but for argument's sake, if you're making a splice with the EOLR in the field.....I'd use the Y as the NC and put the EOLR in series with the G and the C at the detector.

There's other easier ways but if you're having difficulty getting the basics down, I won't confuse you with them.

Back