• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Wiring question

theAberdeenKid

Does anyone know off hand if I will experience interference with some of my sensors\keypad if I run a low voltage line for a door bell that needs to be bundled with the security device wire?
Since the walls are closed in my house and I want to install a doorbell I have about a 10 foot section of doorbell wire that has to run parallel, bundled with some security wires that go to some window/door sensors and a keypad.
The doorbell wire is from the transformer to the chime mechanism, the security wire is for a keypad, door, and windows.

electron

Administrator
Staff member
If it's low voltage stuff, it should be fine, the only time you usually have to worry about interference is with speakering wiring and data networks. I have done this myself without any problems, but that doesn't mean it's the right way :wacko:

theAberdeenKid

I agree I didn't think it to a problem since I'm using low voltage wiring but I wanted to be sure before I did the work.

I have done this myself without any problems, but that doesn't mean it's the right way

I know it may not be the right way but it's the way it has to be done without incurring a large expense.