X-10 Door/Window Sensors

TonyNo

Not sure if this is isolated, but a couple of my door/window sensors send out low battery messages, I change the batteries, then they don't work at all. Anyone see this before?

Guessing you are writing about DS12A's eh?

Years ago used DS12A's and always did have to pair them up again once I removed the batteries to replace them  They would go for a couple of years which I liked.

Thinking back here would change the batteries and hit the sync button to get them going again.  It's been many years now.  Used a W800 / Homeseer with these devices.

These particular ones are DS10A's. ;)

I just Googled, found the manual, and saw that it looks like you need to hold down the Test button to generate a new code. Did that. All good!

TonyNo said:
Not sure if this is isolated, but a couple of my door/window sensors send out low battery messages, I change the batteries, then they don't work at all. Anyone see this before?

The DS10 will retain their ID for a short period of time when the batteries are pulled. I have been successful in maintaining the unit ID if I act quickly and swap 1 battery at a time. I have yet to have to reprogram CQC to recognize a new ID in the 9 years I have been using the x10 security units. Very inexpensive (at least they were before the demise of X10) device to use to monitor non secured openings.

Back