x10 --> zwave bridge

Mr.Tim

Has anybody seen an x10 to zwave bridge in the wild? They are sporatically mentioned on he web, but I haven't seen anywhere to buy one.

I have an ademco panel with x10 capability, but I want to control zwave switches.

I could also use the ademco to close a relay instead of issuing an x10 command.. but I also haven't seen a module that will issue a zwave command when the contacts are closed.

Any help appreciated,
Tim

Thanks Wayne!

Actually the one I was aware of was made by Wayne.. Wayne Dalton. And I couldn't find it anywhere.

I'll see what the pricing is as SmartHome before I take the plunge.

Thanks again,

Tim

Months later... seems the zw523 is discontinued. Boca seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.

On to plan B. If I can close a pair of dry contacts when I want to trigger an event, is there any way to connect a zwave transmitter to the contacts?

In other words, I don't want to trigger a zwave event that closes a set of contacts. I want to close a set of contacts to trigger a zwave event.

Plan C, just hardwire everything.

Tim

Wanye Dalton is supposed to be releasing theirs in the next few months but they will not give a date.

Has anybody seen an x10 to zwave bridge in the wild? They are sporatically mentioned on he web, but I haven't seen anywhere to buy one.

I have an ademco panel with x10 capability, but I want to control zwave switches.

I could also use the ademco to close a relay instead of issuing an x10 command.. but I also haven't seen a module that will issue a zwave command when the contacts are closed.

Any help appreciated,
Tim

You are saying exactly what I am thinking, if Ademco can make an X10 transformer, where is the zwave transformer.
Or can someone at least make a zwave controller that is relay activated.

If the alarm is tripped it would be nice if every z-wave light in my house were to come on, why can't we figure out how to make this happen without running homeseer?

Back