• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

XBox 360 Extenders and MCE

Mike

An interesting update: Awhile back I was using MCE and was testing the use of XBox 360's as an extender. I had issues with it not working properly and video freezing. I did not try any games on it and was using a wired connection.

I moved on, and tried Sage (also wanting to be able to integrate further with software like CQC) and have pretty much worked through my issues there and like the $109 extenders.

I gave the XBox 360 to my cousins and they found out it actually had an issue. Microsoft increased the warranty (close to when the ps3 came out I heard). Well they are having it fixed for free (games would lock up).

My point and information being: If anyone has a similar problem with a 360 and an extender you may wish to test it using some games or just call Microsoft on it. I now wonder if my issues were related to this (as there were numerous reports here of people reliably using a 360 as an extender.) I'm happy with where I am, but I might be down a different path right now if that unit worked well.