• Slower, without any problems

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slower, but with a 'delay' once in a while

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Ok guys, it looks like some of us are experiencing some issues with this new server. I can't find anything wrong, but something is definitely up. While I am still trying to troubleshoot this, I was hoping to get an idea of how many people are experiencing problems with the new server. Please take a second to cast your vote. Thank you!

is it 'slow', or pausing? so far, the only issue I have seen is that you see part of it load, then it hangs, then finished normally.

I've seen the pages load slower where the "go to first unread" (Orange thingy) actually shows the text "go to first unread" as the page slowly loads. This has only been occasionally. Still faster overall

Seems to be behaving as of late. However, there haven't been > 50 users any time I've been on. Is it "fixed"?

No, the issue still exists, I have seen times where we have had 60+ users on without any issues, so it's a little strange.

ah dan i think gatchel is seeing what i reported flashing really fast on first load...just the initial website loading seems to be slow. from there whenever i click links they were just fine. i also see the ( ) stuff like gatchel as i mentioned to you the other day.

Yea, you are talking about the 'ALT' tags for the images, I have noticed that as well. It's part of the same problem.

I JUST restarted the database server. I made some changes, hoping that these delays are gone now.

Ok, I think I finally figured out some of the issues. If you are still encountering delays on a regular basis, please let me know so I can keep track of this. Thanks!

Ok, I think I finally figured out some of the issues. If you are still encountering delays on a regular basis, please let me know so I can keep track of this. Thanks!
I do believe you got it figured out, Dan. Performance is great no matter where I connect from. What do you think was the biggest issue? Curious minds and all...

Apache wasn't configured to handle an extremely busy site (I didn't realize how busy it was until I finally enabled debugging).

I originally voted that I was seeing about the same speed on the old server as the new. Perhaps it was just that I was seeing pages hang - I don't know.

Irregardless, I came back to this thread to reply that I'm seeing much better performance now, but I also see that Dan might have fixed the problem. So it looks great now!

Back