Pro-link serial commands

Anthony A.

i want to program my urc mx-980 remote control (using a msc400 base station) to control certain functions available only through my OP2 controller. for example, i have a lutron homeworks lighting system that is connected rs232 into the OP2. everything works perfectly, but i want to be able to control lights from my remote using the pro-link 1 way serial commands. i will basically add an rs232 cable from the msc 400 base station into an rs232 port on the OP2. i have researched that the easiest way to achieve this is to create messages and then attach macros to each message. so for example:

in pc access, under programming, i would create an automation block saying:

when receive message: theater lights on
then theater lights on

so bascially, the OP2 will do a certain action everytime it receives a message from the remote. so my question now is how to exactly write the serial command. i have no idea what i need to write in the remote programming software to send these commands.

any advice, suggestions, or alternatives are greatly appreciated. thanks.

okay, spoke with tech support and was informed that the if the message is: "kit. light on", then the ASCII string i need to send to the OP2 would be "kit. light on/r"

i have not tried this yet but thought i would post this info in case anyone needs to do this in the future.

Anthony,

Send "kit. light on" followed by a carriage return. I'm not sure that's what you meant by "/r".

Anthony,

Send "kit. light on" followed by a carriage return. I'm not sure that's what you meant by "/r".

Anthony is probably referring to to the C style escape sequence for Carriage Return which is "\r".

Most programming language influenced by C the string would be sent as "kit. light on\r", including C#, Java etc.

Back