vista 20p, 6160RF, wired motion and wireless door sensor

onlineio

Hi guys,

I am new to security system world and I found this is a very informative forum, any help would be highly appreciated.

I bought a vista 20p kit with 6160rf, Wave2 alarm, and IS2535 Motion Detector, I think I have done the wiring for with 6160rf, telephone and motion sensor, installed two doors with wireless sensors but I have few questions.

Zone 2 = wired motion sensor Zone type = 4

Zone 9= Front door (wireless) Zone type= 1

Zone 10= Front door (wireless) Zone type=1

1. what is a typical *182/183 settings for this configuration

2. I want keypad chime when any door is open but not the motion sensor in stay or disarm mode

3. how to program a panic key on a,b,c,d buttons, I was able to program 3 keys using *57 as listed below; but which option is for panic button?

A= 03 (Arm AWAY)
B= 04 (Arm STAY )
C= 05 (Arm NIGHT-STAY)
D=?? (Panic)

4. How to test if telephone dialing, I tried test by putting my cell number in 41 and 42 but no luck

Thank you in advance

Hi guys,

I am new to security system world and I found this is a very informative forum, any help would be highly appreciated.

I bought a vista 20p kit with 6160rf, Wave2 alarm, and IS2535 Motion Detector, I think I have done the wiring for with 6160rf, telephone and motion sensor, installed two doors with wireless sensors but I have few questions.

Zone 2 = wired motion sensor Zone type = 4

Zone 9= Front door (wireless) Zone type= 1

Zone 10= Front door (wireless) Zone type=1

1. what is a typical *182/183 settings for this configuration

2. I want keypad chime when any door is open but not the motion sensor in stay or disarm mode

3. how to program a panic key on a,b,c,d buttons, I was able to program 3 keys using *57 as listed below; but which option is for panic button?

A= 03 (Arm AWAY)
B= 04 (Arm STAY )
C= 05 (Arm NIGHT-STAY)
D=?? (Panic)

4. How to test if telephone dialing, I tried test by putting my cell number in 41 and 42 but no luck

Thank you in advance

This forum is mostly for Elk and HAI panels, but I'll answer.
1. Fields 182 and 183 are for special zone types. These fields normally are not touched. Are you trying to do something special?
2. The default zone types give you what you want. You should not have to do anything for the chime mode you are asking for.
3. The D button cannot be assigned to a panic, but the A, B, and C buttons can. The A button can be assigned to zone 95, B to 99, and C to 96. then program that zone to the zone type you want such as a zone type 6, 7, or 8,
4. You may have to put an account number (field 43), I am not sure. Also, after triggering an alarm, the panel will wait for all the delays to finish before dialing...entry delay plus dialer delay. You must realize if the panel calls a cell number, it will call and try to connect but it will fail, causing an error code and beeping at the keypad. But you can test the dialer this way.

Back