Total Connect

sandjunky

Does anybody on here sale this service? I dont need the house monitoring and i cant find anybody around Sacramento that would just sale that serivce. I have two cameras that need firmware updates so i can save the settings and port foward them, but you have to have a total connect account to get the firmware. ERRRRRR! You would think that honeywell would make a guest login so people could just download and be done, but nope.

Honeywell doesn't make it easy to update the firmware on those cameras. The only way I know is to do the update after logging into the TC account like you said. We've been selling this service since TC 2.0 came out and have not come across another way to update. If you know somebody that has a TC account you could temporarily activate the cameras under that account then have them disassociated. A local dealer with a showroom or test account might do it for you, it would be a fairly easy process to add the cameras to the account then delete them after the update.

you have to do it from the alarm net side, correct? cause on the end user side they dont have any thing about cameras firmware.

Ok, so my cameras were added to my TC account today and once they showed up they had a "upgrade firmware" blinking at me. coming from the commercial side of cameras, ONSSI and milestone with servers and big dollar cameras, this is a nice setup so far. 100 meg of storage, alarm e-mails, masking and time scheduling! Only downside is not having more camera choices, but you cant have it all I guess.

You have to "add" the cameras to a specific TC account via the Alarmnet Direct website. Once they are added to an account and installed as part of the local network at the location then you are able to logon to the end user side of the TC account and the cameras will show up. There should then be a small yellow triangle at the bottom left of the camera image, this is what you click to initiate the firmware update. Once the cameras are updated you would want to be sure they are then deleted from the TC account via Alarmnet.

ok, i cant have this much bad juju. so i get home and try to make changes to the cameras on the tux after the firmware, and it still says bad user/password when i log in or out and save changes! what the crap!

well after searching the web last night i found that you need to do a hard reset on the camera by pressing the VERY small pinhole. now it works correctly.

Back