chucklyons

index.php
File Name: mbWeatherUnderground
File Submitter: chucklyons
File Submitted: 11 May 2012
File Category: Premise
Author: chucklyons
Version: 1.0

mbWeatherUnderground is the minibrowser version of 123's WeatherUnderground module (merely a coincidence that we should both use the same naming convention!)

It is not even close to having the full functionality of the main Weather module! It does, however, give current conditions, and a 7 day forecast.

The ability to update 'on command' enables up to the minute weather conditions on the first page. the remainder of the pages provide the additional forecasts.

Also included are 45x45 gifs and pngs to scale better on the phone device of your choice

Right or wrong, (happy to hear thoughts on this), for phone type devices, I don't try for full functionality, but try to hit the primary functions that I believe are the essence of the module.

No alerts in this version...

Click here to download this file

The version I use at home uses jQuery and a plugin called 'ajaxify'...provides pseudo AJAX functionality; in this case, the update function is 'ajaxified'

The primary reason I don't include my jQuery stuff is I haven't been able to figure out how to share the modules without supplying a new Globalscipt 'minibrowser functions', which I think will create some CM issues down the road...

Ideas?

To get my jQuery Mobile UI to work I had to modify the globalscripts. I added an include script to a file called custom.js

All the custom query stuff is in that file. And to separate it from the regular minibrowser stuff I used the .uiadvanced property so that it only gets executed when a users goes to my URL (http://mypremiseserver/jq). That way the ppc and iPhone versions that are already in minibrowser can still function.

W84no1,

Do a kick-ass job, UI that looks Cristal on all platforms with a solid extensible base, and you have my vote to __k dat noise and bury grandpa's ppc, xb, and iphone. It should just be http://PremiseServer/mb. Let's make it 1UI4all.

Got it! I'll give that a try on the improvements to the HTML5 mediaplayer stuff I'm working on (as the mood strikes)...