Wiring in parellel

Sifter

Ive been reading here for awhile, but have never really seen any pictures or topics on how to actually physically wire things in parellel. All my wires are home runs. All exterier doors have a flushmount contact, and each room has a glassbreak. There are 3 motion detectors. I also have 3 m1kp2 keypads that have cat5 home runs as well as 2 other four-wire home runs behind them. They also ran one run of four-wire to one of the smoke detectors and advised me to replace the existing smoke with one that was monitored when I was ready.

Can someone provide pictures or some sort of illistration on how parellel wiring looks once hooked up?

The bus wiring diagrams are in the elk manual that should tell you your options, but if everything is home run you might just consider a data bus hub.

Sensors should be wired to individual zones on the control/expanders, or if you want multiple sensors on a zone they would need to be wired in series.

if everything is home run you might just consider a data bus hub.

I have one data bus hub on the way, which the 3 keypads will be wired to. I guess my main question, about connecting power. If there are 4 wire requirements, 2 for power and 2 for the contact, how do you stack all the power wires together?

Also, since there are 3 speakers, each one behind the keypads, how do you connect all 3 to the terminals on the m1?

Maybe Im using the wrong word, maybe "parallel" was the wrong term.

Ah ok, for sensor power you just connect them to the VAUX terminals, in parallel. I actually connected my VAUX to a terminal strip to give me more terminals (I also wired in PD9's but that is probably overkill).

For speakers you have to wire them in series/parallel combination such that they do not go below 4 ohms. So it depends on what kind of speakers you have. There may be multiple possibilities each giving you different volume levels. If they are just the SPF12 you can just wire them in parallel plus to plus, minus to minus to make 10.7 ohms of load. (Series would be 96 ohms which would result in really low volume level) Again, I broke out the output 2 to a terminal strip to help with wiring them up and used jumper wires to get the right combinations. Pics are at the sight in my sig.

Back