Latest UPStart

gengen

Has anyone seen the latest version of the UPB UPstart software 5.4?

The latest version I've found is 5.2 build 24 from the Web Mountain website. Other versions from PCS, HAI and SA are older.

However, looking at the PCS training calendar, they held a webinar on October:
Webinar - What's new with UPStart?

When: Friday, Oct 19, 2012
Where: 9-10:30 AM On your computer via Go-to-Meeting
Description:
What's new with UPStart version 5.4 - Come discover the latest new features and tools that have been added to the latest build of our configuration software.
-Systems Designer
-Keyboard functionality
-Repeater Comm Test
- Integrated Custom Engraved Membrane Form

Has anyone been able to get this new version and try it out?

Thanks, JonW. This was a hidden link that you would not find if you didn't know it was there.

The new System designer turns out to be a wizard that lets you "Quickly" enter a UPB specification...as long as you are using all PCS parts!
I'm not sure if this is really faster than the normal method of creating new devices...but its interesting nonetheless.

For those that have not seen it, here is what little there is from the release notes since the 5.2 build 23 version

Version 5.4 Build 1
September 12, 2012
1. Initial 5.4 release.
2. Changes in support of future Windows OS.

Version 5.3 Build 7
June 15, 2012
1. Added support for PCS WS1R.

Version 5.3 Build 6
June 6, 2012
1. Added "System Designer" to the PCS version of UPStart

If we dont have PCS parts, is it worth updating this? I pretty much use SA but I dont see a newer version than 5.2. Will keep looking.

THanks!

I have a hodgepodge of UPB; HAI, SA and PCS.

I gave it a go last night.

The "designer" piece works with the little bit of PCS UPB I have. The rest of the software appears to be a bit faster than the older software; but that is me. There are subtle changes to the new software.

There is a new 6.0 version out today.

http://pulseworx.com/downloads/Software/downloads/UPB60B9Setup.zip

README.TXT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 6.0 Build 9
(Windows version = 9.1MB, Updated (12-1-2012)

New Features
=====================================================
1. Supports Windows 8 with encrypted code signing certificate.
2. Standardized UPStart features for all UPB Manufacturers.
3. Visual Link Editor now supports all UPB products
4. Device-To-Device comm test supports all UPB products
5. Copy-Link, which creates a new link with all the same receivers as an existing link, will support all UPB products
6. A “Repeaters” utility has been added to “Tools” which shows which split-phase repeaters and 3-phase repeaters, are considered active by UPStart in the loaded network file
7. Added PulseWorx System Designer – Easily creates rooms, devices and scenes/links. Also assigns scenes to keypads buttons
8. Added support for PCS WS1R Wall Switch Relay
9. Added Button Text tab to PCS Keypad devices to print out Custom Engraved Membrane order forms

General Enhancements
====================
1. The UPB Interface Select dialog box has the following choices:
“RS232 PIM” – for any serial powerline interface device
“USB CIM (SAI)” – Supports Simply Automated Inc. USB PIM
“USB PIM (PCS)” - Supports Powerline Control Systems, Inc. USB PIM which uses a Virtual Serial Port
2. The definition and function of “Off Button” mode has been changed in the Button and Switch Rocker Editor.
- Single tapping the button deactivates the Link
- Double tapping the button snaps the Link devices to OFF (0%)
3. An option on the Tools – Advanced tab will allow the 3-phase interface to display in the UPB Interface Setup dropdown list
4. Link/Scene Builder supports choosing multiple devices on the preset tab
5. Device Add-Multiple tool has been removed.
6. Tabs for RCS and OEM have been removed from - Offline Add Device

General Fixes
=============
1. The Dialog Link Editor or Link/Scene Builder will only allow you to choose a button when adding a keypad component, not the keypad itself
2. The Design Pane and Link Builder correctly display the receive components and levels of a device with more than one channel.
3. The design pane correctly sorts the components of a link. Transmitters, Receivers and then Indicators.
4. Changes to the Help – About dialog
5. The Help – Technical Support dialog has been removed.

Back