Premise [download] Premise Web Services

Motorola Premise

georgejm

File Name: Premise Web Services
File Submitter: John in VA
File Submitted: 15 Jun 2014
File Category: Premise
Author: John In VA

Premise Web Services exposes Premise to Windows Communication Foundation - based web services.  Developers can utilize this service to build their apps that access Premise using this more modern paradigm.  More detail is available in the Version History document included in the zip file.

I'll be posting an update to the PremiseMetro app soon.  This version of the web services service will be required to utilize the new version.

Click here to download this file

John - Just installed this and i am getting a 1053 error on startup of the service.  Reinstalled as administrator, same result.

Sounds like its getting stuck somewhere. What version of .NET are you using?  Is premise server installed on the same box you are trying to run web services?   

Sorry, didn't notice the 4.5 .Net pre-req.  Upgraded, but still get the same error.

...Until I updated to 4.5.1  Now the service has started.

New update is posted.  It will be required for the new version of PremiseMetro currently in certification by Microsoft.

When you install Web Services, don't forget to import the updated XDO file.

John,

I'm looking forward to it! Folks - John has done a great job in putting together a native Windows App of Premise. Lots of features coming. Seems solid and tight. You need to be a bit comfortable with the Metro UI, but worth the effort! My install went fine, no issues other than the clown behind the touchscreen :blush: .

Give it a try!