Haiku Haiku 4.0 sneak peek and a few details...

lupinglade

Its been a while, but we've been working hard to get Haiku 4.0 ready for everyone to enjoy.

First, we think you will be excited to know that Haiku 4 will support iBeacons, which will let you utilize the technology for proximity and automation tasks. We'll also be expanding this feature even further as soon as iOS 8 ships.

The brand new UI is almost ready and that means Haiku 4.0 will be available soon. We've rewritten it from the ground up for a more user centric experience and better performance all around. Here's a sneak peek at the new UI. We're still actively working on the UI, but it has stabilized enough for us to give you this peek.

Subscribe to this post and we'll share more screenshots and updates soon!

Attachments

• haiku4.jpg
    haiku4.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 300
Looks great, it was high time you showed us something!
2 things I noticed at first glance:
1. Where's the favorite section? I was hoping it expanded some more (I think it'd be great to freely rearrange the order of the items in the favorites, or group them by my choice...
2. Still no home plan with customizable buttons on it?
Don't get me wrong: the new GUI looks great and of course it's impossible to judge anything from only one photo, I'm just hungry for more details... :)

Lupinglade, 

Thank you for the update.  I have been looking at the various options to control my OPII.  If I purchase the current IOS version of Haiku will I get the 4.0 update or will that be sold as a new program?

@manceor: Sorry, I don't have that information yet as it has not yet been decided. We're just working hard to get this release out. We'll post this info as soon as we know.

Here's a new screenshot: 

haiku4-rooms.png

Hi,

New UI looks nice but I'd like to hear more about new features. For example, I like the added support for iBeacons and can see some use cases for that.

Thanks!

One feature that I would like is the ability to assign a device button to a camera image. For example when I am viewing a camera image within the app, it would be useful to have 1 or 2 transparent buttons that could be assigned to devices like lights or door openers. If I was viewing the front door - then I could assign button 1 to the light in that area. It would allow me to conveniently toggle the light on or off. Also button 2 could be assigned to a function to unlock a door or trigger the garage door relay... etc. 

I can't tell you how happy I was to find out you are adding iBeacon support! 

HAIKU software ROCKS!

Thanks,

Jim

Will there be any support for additional audio kepad buttons? For example, the current arrow keys in the audio interface aren't applicable to my Russound system. As a result the proper arrow keys are not available on the Haiku interface to allow me to do "next", "prev" channels.

Also, the OMNI can send "key pad" numeric keystrokes to an audio zone but Haiku has no numeric keypad for the Russounnd interface. In both cases, currently I have no way to change my XM channels via Haiku.

Thanks. Can't wait to see the new interface released!

jlipsit said:
I can't tell you how happy I was to find out you are adding iBeacon support! 
Yes for sure I think IBeacon would be huge because you could really do a lot with this feature.  I cannot wait for the next version especially with IOS8 coming out.  wow very exited to see HAIKU in IOS 8

Back