All on/off not working with UPB

wdeertz

I have all my switches working properly with UPB connection. So in other words if I turn on a single unit they work perfectly. When I try the all on command the lights don't respond. The units have been properly configured for all on/off control. If I create a button which invokes each individual unit it works fine. Anyone have any idea why the all on/off commands are not working?

I should point out when I invoke an all on command haiku is reporting that all the units are on but the actual lights do not get activated. What am I missing?

Are you using UPB mode or HLC mode?
All ON/OFF only works with HLC mode.

Even in HLC mode All ON/OFF works by running through each room sequentially.
So the lights go on or off in groups, not simultaneously.

The better way is to define an ALL lights link and program each switch to turn on when it is received.
Then in PCAcess you tell the controller to activate or deactivate the link whe it receives the All ON/OFF command.

I use link 254 as All Lights

Then in PCAccess

Code:
WHEN ALL ON    THEN Link 254 ONWHEN ALL OFF    THEN Link 254 OFF

That will cause all lights to go on or off simultaneously.
You should really use the HLC mode to ensure accurate status tracking.
You can still use the above method.
Once the lights are on or off the controller will still send on or off commands and status requests to each room to update.
Since the lights are already on or off as desired you won't notice this going on (sending an on command to a light that is already on), but can see the UPB traffic in UPStart.

Desert_AIP said:

The better way is to define an ALL lights link and program each switch to turn on when it is received.
Then in PCAcess you tell the controller to activate or deactivate the link whe it receives the All ON/OFF command.

Then in PCAccess

WHEN ALL ON THEN Link 254 ONWHEN ALL OFF THEN Link 254 OFF

Once the lights are on or off the controller will still send on or off commands and status requests to each room to update.
Since the lights are already on or off as desired you won't notice this going on (sending an on command to a light that is already on), but can see the UPB traffic in UPStart.

Desert_AIP said:

Then in PCAccess

WHEN ALL ON THEN Link 254 ONWHEN ALL OFF THEN Link 254 OFF

I was using UPB mode.  I am able to get the buttons to work for all on/off but not the all on/off in the Haiku Control page.  I switched all my units to HLC mode (as you stated I get more accurate status tracking)  but the all on/off switch on the Haiku Control page still does not work.  I don't think this is a Haiku issue as if I send an all on/off command from PC Access it doesn't have any impact.   What settings in PC Access am I missing?  I have all units configured for All on/off enabled yes.

wdeertz said:
I was using UPB mode.  I am able to get the buttons to work for all on/off but not the all on/off in the Haiku Control page.  I switched all my units to HLC mode (as you stated I get more accurate status tracking)  but the all on/off switch on the Haiku Control page still does not work.  I don't think this is a Haiku issue as if I send an all on/off command from PC Access it doesn't have any impact.   What settings in PC Access am I missing?  I have all units configured for All on/off enabled yes.
Ok after reading the other post on UPB issues I saw that the first unit in each room had to be named regardless if used or not.  I had left the first unit blank in each room for future scene controllers but didn't realize this would cause the all on/off functionality to not work.  Once I named the first unit in each room the all on/off worked perfectly.

That is correct.
If that unit is not named, even if there is no unit installed, the Omni assumes the room does not exist.
It is the room identifier.
The All ON/OFF should operate sequentially room by room as I described above.
You can open up the UPStart log and see the Omni traffic back and forth between the switches.
In a large install (I have 70+ units) it can take quite a while to cycle through each room - turning a room on, updating status of all units int he room, moving on to the next room turning it on, updating status, etc.

Back