Haiku HaikuHelper & TED5000

I installed my TED5000 unit today and had no issues getting the Footprints application installed and working. My issue is getting HaikuHelper configured to connect to the TED. It looks simple enough but obviously I am missing something. A quick search of the forums turn up nothing, unless I overlooked.

In looking at the TED settings in HaikuHelper, it appears to provide the syntax for the connection to the TED5000 as follows:

http://***.***.***.***/api/LiveData.xml but when I key this information in, I am unable to add a username and password. I cannot click the mouse in the fields, it's like they are locked.

I also created the flags in PCAccess for the TED info to be updated.

I get the following errors in the log, I suspect because authentication is not configured. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? I am running HaikuHelper 4.03 on OS X 10.8.5.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 5
No, but I just tried it and I do see the xml data. Obviously I am prompted for credentials to login before the page is displayed. Odd thing is I can't specify the credentials in HaikuHelper.

hmm... well I just noticed what you are referring to, about not being able to enter a user/password on that page. I don't use that option, I just have my configuration password protected on the TED, not "all access" so it doesn't require those fields. So you aren't seeing something different there. You might try changing your password to only be for configuration. (its a check box inside the System Settings Wizard of your TED) That should at least get you running as we learn more.

Hey Lupinglade can you shed some light as to why the user/pass fields for Energy aren't able to have data input in them?

I removed the authentication and it appears to be connecting now. I see that the flags I created are changing, but I have no reference as to how to see the TED information in Haiku. I see under about, there is an entry for Energy Cost but it shows N/A. Where can I actually see the TED information in Haiku?

The energy cost will get updated on the controller and you can make the programming react to it. In HaikuHelper you will always see the energy cost (once its been sent at least once since connect). But in Haiku it will not be visible until an update is sent by the controller (which is triggered by HaikuHelper every half hour). The controller does not store the energy cost so it is not possible for Haiku to get it from the controller on connect.

So here is what I have done so far. I configured four flags according to the documentation:

TodayKWH
MonthKWH
AvgDailyKWH
ProjectedKWH

Two of the flags are getting updated and two are not. The TodayKWH appears to be working correctly as it shows an incremental count of KWH that is correct. The MonthKWH always shows 1. The other two have never updated. Any guidance as to what I might have done wrong?

The other flags are not currently supported due to the limitation of the maximum value they can store. The daily average will be corrected in the next update. We're looking for a workaround for the other two values.

Do you think a workaround is possible? I encountered the same problem in setting up my Arduino to HAI setup: I wanted to send the electric power calculated by the arduino, that can go up to 4500 W. Unfortunately the flags are just bytes, so 255 is the maximum value and it looks almost impossible to me that HAI is going to change that kind of thing (it would also mean rewrite some parts of the omni link protocol - losing compatibility with who knows how many legacy devices - since when setting up a flag it expects one single byte).

I ended up sending the value in hW, losing in precision, that was not critical for the application.

The only workaround I thought of was sending 2 values for the first 2 digits and another for the last 2, but then I"d need something on receiving side to assemble them, in which case it would be much better to send the data as MSB and LSB, so we can go up as 65535. If haiku could be setup to do something like that (ie combine 2 flags in one unsigned integer) I think it would be great and we'll find many uses for this.

We can certainly split it into MSB/LSB but what would the application be? How would you use this or for what?

The problem is not splitting but reassembling the bytes in Haiku. What I want to do is set 2 flags in the OPII to the LSB and MSB of my reading value form the external device (but could be any other device that can communicate via serial), but this would be ugly and unreadable. Instead I'd like to be able to tell haiku to take flag, say, 123 and 124 and combine their values and show me as one flag with a big value.

An example is in the message above: my reading from the sensor is, say 3500 W. I can't send that to a flag since it's over 255. Right now I just divide it by 100 and send 35 instead, but I'd like to split it in LSB/MSB, send those to 2 different flags and have haiku reassemble it and show the value as one flag.

Another use would be sending non-integer values coming from, say a temperature or humidity sensor that I can't or don't want to send to the HAI panel with their proprietary sensors. These would most likely be non integer, like 72.5. Again I could split them and send separately and reassemble them via haiku.

I understand it's more of a geek thing that would be of no use to many everyday user, but as I can see from this thread we found at least 2 different uses.

Back