OPII X10 port pinout

whumphrey

I have an OPII board and recently picked up a used X10 power line interface.   I need to make a cable to go from the OPII RJ25 to the X10 interface RJ11.

Can anyone point me towards a pinout for the two ends of this cable.   I cannot find anyting in the OPII instllation manual about the X10 port.  Where is this hidden?
Thanks.

Thinking that the RJ-12 that is used on the OPII was configured as:

Pin Signal Description

1 DCD Data Carrier Detect (IN)
2 RXD Receive Data (IN)
3 DTR/RTS Data Terminal Ready/ Request To Send (OUT)
4 GND Ground
5 TXD Transmit Data (OUT)
6 CTS Receive Hardware Flow Control

The X-10 port uses only 4 pins

DB9 -> RJ-11 
5 -> 1
3 -> 3
2 -> 4

Has to be a TW-523 X10 controller.  I have never seen a 25 pin serial connector on a OPII panel.

Hmmm.  I actually have the PSC04 one way X-10 power line interface.   Will the PCS04 work with OPII?
I've seen somewhere on internet that this RJ-11 pinout is:

1)  Zero Crossing Detect
2)  Ground
3)  Ground
4)  Data

How do OPII RJ-12 pins match up with RJ-11?

RJ-12 -> RJ-11
? -> 1
4 -> 2 or 3
2 -> 4

The PSC04 is not a serial connection.
If the panel is using RS232 the PSC04 is not going to work.

The PSC05 would work for you.

I used to utilize a TW-523 many years ago.  I then went to Jeff Volp's XTB X-10 amplifier.  Recently went to Jeff Volp's dual phase TW-523 device.

TW-523.jpg

I have one of Jeff's XTB-IIR coupler repeaters. Blasts a power line signal all over my home.
It also does not misread Insteon signals and corrupt them.

Personally no; here have been using X-10 since the late 70's and never purchased one of those.  I do have a very old collection of Windows 3.0/3.1, Windows 95/98 automation to X10 stuff; will look there to see if any of it connects to a PCS04; might be there?

Intially started using the OmniPro II with a TW-523 on one phase controlling my then newly upgraded X10 to Insteon switches controlling X10 with the OPII and Insteon with software.  I started then to migrate over to UPB having totally converted all of my in wall switches to UPB.

Concurrently way back plugged my HAI OPII TW-523 into Jeff Volp's XTB booster which gave it a new life.  I recently updated that TW-523 to Jeff Volp's dual phased TW-523 emulator / amplifier.  Works great.  I use it for my Christmas lighting today.

It is nice to use an old X-10 Palm pad; push one button on and see all of the lights go on in a timely and fast manner.  No work involved as the house code and numbers are all the same. Easy peasy stuff.

Today the HAI OPII board serial outs go to UPB, X-10 and Z-Wave.  Other users are also utilizing Zigbee. 

Thanks all for the responses.    Should have done my homework before buying this.   I have all UPB in my house now but found a few old X10 lamp modules in a box (from a house about 15 years ago) and was looking for a cheap way to use them.   
-Warren

Back