Premise [download] Playlists

Motorola Premise

georgejm

File Name: Playlists
File Submitter: John in VA
File Submitted: 20 Jan 2015
File Category: Premise
Author: John in VA

Since I move between Windows and Apple devices all the time (creating playlists along the way), I thought it would be cool to get those playlists into Premise a little more easily than using the full-blown playlist importer I wrote awhile back.  The Playlist module has two classes that can be used to create lists under the Playlists node:  WMP Playlist and M3U Playlist.  Once you import the module, right click the Playlist node under Media and you'll see the new playlist types. 

Once you create them, you'll see a property called Playlist File in the properties pane on Builder.  Drop the name of the playlist file you want to import into that text field, click Refresh and it should start populating your Premise playlist with the contents of your Windows Media or M3U playlist.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that you need to have a Media Library that is shared between Premise, Windows Media, and whatever is generating your M3U file (iTunes in my case).

The simplest way to do this is to have a CIFS share publish your media on your network and have all of your media apps (premise included) reference the CIFS share using a UNC (or make sure you have the same drive letter mapped on every machine accessing the share).  Basically, Premise, Windows Media, and your M3U capable app need to see media stored EXACTLY the same way.

Click here to download this file

John..looking forward to giving it a try...
I'm also glad its cold, snowy and miserable in Virginia

Not yet.  Supposedly a clipper comes through today and a big-ish storm this weekend.  So, I may be stuck in the house working on more Premise stuff :)

Back