RPi2 for $35 plus reasonable shipping

pete_c

Guru
MCM now has supersaver shipping.  I have over the years purchased a few things from them.

Over the last year have purchased RPi things from them. (one thing was the PiFace RTC shim clock (the shim piece is nice).

RPi 2 is $35 and supersaving shipping is $7.99 (guessing anywhere domestically) for a total of $42.99

I bought one just yesterday from Amazon (Prime), it was $41.93 with Prime 2-Day shipping. Should be here tomorrow!!

Terry

Nothing else is included.  I did purchase more items.  (super saver shipping is $7.99).

For this specific device I have added:

- plastic case - ~ $2.00 - whatever
- PiFace shim RTC clock - ~ $11 USD
- RaZberry GPIO Z-Wave Plus board - ~ $59 USD
- USB style power supply
- Samsung SD card (~16 Gb)

Optional
- TP-Link POE splitter
- RaZberry GPIO board antenna extension

I am hoping to soon be working on writing some code to enable them to be used as remote/wireless RS232 controllers for various HA equipment, primarily interfacing with my Elk. For example, RS232 control of a TV in a multi-story home, or WGL sprinkler controller (usually on an exterior wall); in these cases it's usually fairly difficult to get new wires to these locations. I've started some very basic code for it at this point, but have a friend who is a software developer who is also interested in getting involved.

I am updating the original Homeseer Zee with this device.  The Z-Wave + GPIO card is replacing the Aeon Z-Wave stick. 

I am looking to see too if I can fit a temperature sensor in the box because I would like to put the RPi 2 in the attic and connect it via POE.  The shim RTC clock works well.  I am thinking I can utilize the free GPIO pins for the temperature sensor.

I am currently utilizing an old Seagate Dockstar running Dockstar Debian and mcsSprinklers.  It is  using two SSD USB drives.  It is connected via a serial connection to two Rain8Nets and powered via POE.

Back