Russound Now Requires A Professional Installer - Say What?

ccmichaelson

I'm in the process of looking for a whole home audio solution (house under construction) and was planning to purchase a russound MCA-series unit but they now ship them locked.  Do any of you have an MCA unit that you installed yourself and if so how?

I don't think anyone has had to deal with it yet - it's a brand new process that only affects their newest released product lines.

They already have such a shrinking market share - I think it's absolutely idiotic.  Not many people are installing these whole house systems anymore, and there are other choices like RTI, Nuvo, Niles, Crestron...  I think they make a great product and I get why companies are doing this - to keep internet sales down to protect the market share for their pro customers - but even pros aren't going to like having to have every employee sign up individually and "unlock" the device against their logon ID.  We'll see what happens in time.

I do see the old fashioned zoned audio DIY market shrinking these days. 

I am happy here with my old yet running fine Russound stuff. 

The OP can purchase used equipment as it is made to last forever (well almost).

Once I messaged them to ask what thread screws were needed for the rack ears, I had lost them. And they told me to contact my certified installer lol.  My MCA C5 is going strong, although it can't keep time to save it's own life.  

I wonder what's required to sign up with them as a 'pro'.

My Nuvo GC won't last forever, and Russound is a strong contender for a replacement.

Back