Heat Stroked Cai Webcontroller

nitin100

Hello

I am coming back to this forum after a year. Previously, I had reported that CAI webcontroller was failing in high temperature conditions. I remember CAI support mentioned that Maxim came back to them and notified them that the chip works till 85C.

Anyway - I refired the heat stroked controller - and it works. To test- I put it in sun again (it was 49C yesterday). It strated rebooting (randomly) after temperature reached 47C onwards. It was stable before. Another thing I have noticed is that ethernet relaibilty is based on cable length. After around 20-25m, ethernet is just slow. No errors. Additionaly, I found that MAC is now FF:FF... I had never upgraded this board, so searched through this forum and saw a few people having this issue after failed upgrades. To check, I downloaded 3.02.20 from forum link and upgraded. The MAC remains FF:FF...

Is there anything I can do with this board now? Or MAC address loss is the final nail in the coffin?

One of the forum poster had requested if firmware can be developed with change in MAC option. Any progress?

Nitin

Hi,  We have made new batch of boards and put that into oven to test.  We had tested this new batch of board works over 70C and 15 minutes bake tested working on 85C.  This new batch of board has revision number 2.3.7 and 2.3.8.   If you purchase any new board now, it is probably this new revision boards now.

For you board lost MAC address, please let us know your email address, we can send you a firmware to reassign MAC address.  It will need a cross over cable directly connected to WC8 board and computer to perform the update.

Thank you - its nitin/samavia/com.

The change of regulator in 2.3.8 is a massive improvement. If you are looking for another improvement - please make another version with opto isolated inputs and outputs. This will then be a truly industrial board ready to compete with big boys.

And ofcourse if this can be packaged in DIN rail format......

IIRC rossw is offering a lot of that extension as an option to the WC8. See him participating here.

For serious output consider a Web relay. People are really impressed with their quality in all their products.

WebControl can control this unit with WEBSET commands.

Code:
http://www.digital-loggers.com/din.html

Yes, Ross offers daughter boards with opto isolators on TTL inputs and op-amp for analog inputs for WC8.
We also made optional IO board for WC32 based on Ross' inputs.  

Basically, if you want to connect TTL input and analog input, it will need a terminal board for easy wiring. Ross' board provided those terminals and additional protection.

Larrylix - There are cheaper versions available at aliexpress with similar functionality.
Cai_Support - Yes - i am aware of Ross board - But I was talking about integrating that in the next version.

PS - Waiting for the utility to change MAC -email is nitin at samavia dot com

Back