Hello all members of cocoontech

ConnectSense

I am a newbie here. I've not know much about the Internet. It's my big fault. but, from your help, I'll learn it soon. May be some mistakes do from me. I've need your advice & I'll also contribute my experience with you.

Thanks! :) 

Welcome to Cocoontech ConnectSense!

Lots of friendly folks here from all over the world. 

The internet has connected the world making it a wee smaller these days.

world.jpg

Geez NASA released a photo of our planet Earth from one million miles away taken by a camera aboard the Deep Space Climate Observatory spacecraft on July 6, 2015.  It does make the world even smaller these days.

earth2015.jpg

Asking the Amazon Echo this morning about the internet; Alexa told me:

The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion devices worldwide. It is a network of networks that consists of millions of private, public, academic, business, and government networks of local to global scope, linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless, and optical networking technologies. The Internet carries an extensive range of information resources and services, such as the inter-linked hypertext documents and applications of the World Wide Web (WWW), the infrastructure to support email, and peer-to-peer networks for file sharing and internet telephony.....

BTW and I do know for sure where the name of the "Cocoontech" forum came from.

I do recall an old movie from June 21, 1985 called Cocoon

Just a relaxing story to watch...

About 10,000 years ago, peaceful aliens from the planet Antarea set up an outpost on the planet Earth, on an island later known to mankind as Atlantis. When Atlantis sank, twenty aliens were left behind, kept alive in large rock-like cocoons at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. Now a group of Antareans have returned to Earth to collect them. Disguising themselves as humans, they rent a house with a swimming pool, and charge the water with "life force" to give the cocooned Antareans energy to survive the trip home. They charter a boat from a local captain named Jack (Steve Guttenberg) who helps them retrieve the cocoons. Jack likes Kitty (Tahnee Welch), a beautiful woman from the team who chartered his boat. When he spies on her while she undresses in her cabin, Jack is shocked when he discovers she is an alien. After the aliens reveal themselves to him and explain what's going on, he decides to help them.

Next door to the house the Antareans are renting is Sunny Shores, a retirement home. Three of its residents, Ben (Wilford Brimley), Arthur (Don Ameche) and Joe (Hume Cronyn), often trespass to swim in the pool next door, thinking the house to be unoccupied. They absorb some of the life force, making them feel younger and stronger. Eventually caught in the act, they are given permission to use the pool by the Antarean leader, Walter (Brian Dennehy), on the condition that they do not touch the cocoons or tell anybody else about it. Rejuvenated with youthful energy, the three men begin to let the advantages of the pool take hold as they are relieved of their aliments (such as Joe's cancer miraculously disappearing and Ben's vision becoming clear, allowing him to be able to drive a car once again).....

Back