Recommendations for wireless multi sensors to use with OmniPro2

wdeertz

I'm looking for wireless multisensors (at least motion and humidity) that will work with OP2. I currently have HAI wireless receiver and Zigbee network so any sensors which work with either of these would be ideal. I've seen plenty of Zwave multisensors but not sure if OP2 will support all functions internally. I have a few of the Wireless HAI motion detectors but these don't include humidity. Wiring would be difficult so wireless preferable.

My objective is for triggering lights and bathroom fans when the humidity rises. Any suggestions?

Yeah, good question. I wonder about this myself.  I don't have any 100% answers but here are some thoughts.  So the OmniStat2 is a Zigbee HA device, that does send temperature and humidity to the OP2.  At the very least you could use these, but that probably isn't exactly what you wanted.  So one possibility is find a Zigbee temp/humidity sensor and pair it like it was a thermostat.  That may work, and now you read the temp/humidity, and trigger with the temp actions.  Not sure those work for humidity though. 

I would have less hope for Z-Wave or HAI wireless sensors.  If that was built-in, they would sell sensors but they don't. So I think Zigbee is your best bet, but no guarantees.

Here is one for $70. http://smartenit.com/product/zbht-2/

You will probably need to stick to HAI sensors for motion.

Update: You can test if a humidity is above, below, or equal to a humidity set point. So the question is, can you pair and read a temp/humidity sensor?  It would be cool if this works.

Ano, thanks for the humidity sensor info. If I go that route I have $190 per room ($120 for HAI motion and $70 for Zigbee humidity sensor) times 4 bathrooms which is more than I'm looking to spend for this functionality. I currently have simple switches which turn on the fans when the humidity goes above a set level, same for a switch which detects motion and turns on the lights. Both of these switches were less than $30 each and work fine, they just aren't connected to the OP2 for central control. I've found a Zigbee multisensors on Amazon for $50 which I'm tempted to tryout. I just don't see how the OP2 would communicate with this sensor. Maybe each sensor would have a unique ID in the units section. I see no one has replied to your posting on Zigbee sensors so I'm guessing no one has tried this out. I like the OP2 but it gets frustrating when simple functions are not included in the firmware. I'd like to avoid using other front end systems and do everything within OP2 if possible. Eventually I may need to bite the bullet and consider other systems.

I was interested also. I bought one of these for $45 which isn't bad so not a huge loss if it doesn't work.

Basically its an Omnistat2 without the ability to set a temp.  HAI Zigbee follows the HA standard, so it should work.  Unlike Z-Wave, Zigbee is a global open standard.  HAI/Leviton does try to flollow the standard, although their software could be better.
wdeertz said:
 I just don't see how the OP2 would communicate with this sensor. Maybe each sensor would have a unique ID in the units section.
Do you have a Zigbee OmniStat2?  A temp/humidity sensor would probably get added in the thermostats section.  It does the same as a Zigbee Omnistat2, transmits temp and humidity. 

As for motion sensors, that is a bigger if. They may work as a unit, but maybe not.  You can't add a Zigbee zone sensor. These have to be added as an external enclosure.

Yes, all Zigbee devices generate their own unique ID which is displayed in PC Access.

Back