Z-Wave Motion Sensor with OPII

scantrel

Trying to search the forums here but not having any luck...

Does anyone have a suggestion for a low-cost wireless Z-Wave motion sensor that works with the OPII? I'm just looking for something that can trigger an event and a notification if someone walks around in our front porch area after sunset.

You can't pair a Z-wave device to a zone.  If you could find a Z-Wave receiver you can pair it to a motion sensor and wire it to one of your zones, or you can use a HAI 42A00-2 GE wireless receiver with a something like a GE NX-481 motion detector, or a 45A00-1 Leviton receiver with something like a Leviton quad pet-immune motion detector. (I'd suggest the GE receiver over the Leviton receiver.)

Unrelating to OP/Z-Wave here have only played with the Zigbee motion sensors at this time.  I have now had two batteries go null in less than a year on these sensors.  I have not played with Z-Wave motion sensors.  The Zigbee and GE wireless PIR look to be almost identical in size.

I am currently utilizing an Optex wired outdoor motion sensor for front door and it has worked fine now for many years.

Does Z-Wave make an outdoor cheap PIR?  What is considered cheap for an outdoor wireless PIR?

It is also mounted high up (~10 feet?) and it would be a PITA to get to it to change batteries anyways.

I do prefer to utilize the HAI OPII wireless receivers for this kind of stuff. 

I am noticing the new trend here now for low cost DIY cloud based self monitoring security. 

Here have purchased both the HAI 42A00-1 and 42A00-2. 

Never needed to use them on one panel and have 2 wireless widgets connected on second panel that are rarely every utilized and work just fine.

45A00-1.jpg45A00-2.jpg

Back