Haiku Space and Pricing

RAlfieri

Hi guys. If this is an upgrade as is advertised from Haiku, why isn't there a price break? $44 is very steep for an upgrade. It's basically a full purchase all over again. And with no trial, it's tough to convince us that it is worth the price. Thanks. 

We did offer an upgrade price multiple times on launch. Apple does not allow real upgrades on the App Store, so unfortunately there is no way to have an official upgrade path. If you want to support further development of the product and use it for your home then I recommend you upgrade :)

I'm all for software developers getting paid appropriately for their development and work. I think the hesitancy comes from basically not being able to see/play with the new interface in any meaningful way prior to committing to the purchase. I'd be all for a Space Lite or Space LE demo (limited to perhaps 10 devices or 1 week until expire or something) that lets folks see how the software improves upon Haiku. Even a decent YouTube video of the interface would be helpful in making that decision. Just a suggestion that might help folks feel like they aren't making a blind purchase.

We'll do a video in the future, once the new UI is ready. A limited/trial application like you suggested is against Apple's App Store policy as far as I know.

Back