Haiku Haiku and Space no geofencing, need help

fearsno1

so I have both of these apps on my phone, Haiku used to work great for sensing when I would go in/out of the selected area, and would turn flags on/off like clock work, but now Haiku doesn't work at all, and Space will actually send me a notification of it recognizing that I am within the selected region but it has 100% failure rate at turning the flags on/off? And a lot of times it has a delay as to when it sends me the notification, I will sometimes be already inside my house and it goes off, I think that may be due to not being able to set the geofence area wider in space like you can in Haiku. I have checked all my location services settings, the app is allowed to run in the background, and always allowed to use GPS, now one thing that I have noticed is that Haiku no longer is even listed under the location services tabs, to beable to disable/enable it for that app. which is most likely why Haiku isn't working for flag at all.

any help is appreciated
Brandon

fearsno1 said:
so I have both of these apps on my phone, Haiku used to work great for sensing when I would go in/out of the selected area, and would turn flags on/off like clock work, but now Haiku doesn't work at all, and Space will actually send me a notification of it recognizing that I am within the selected region but it has 100% failure rate at turning the flags on/off? And a lot of times it has a delay as to when it sends me the notification, I will sometimes be already inside my house and it goes off, I think that may be due to not being able to set the geofence area wider in space like you can in Haiku. I have checked all my location services settings, the app is allowed to run in the background, and always allowed to use GPS, now one thing that I have noticed is that Haiku no longer is even listed under the location services tabs, to beable to disable/enable it for that app. which is most likely why Haiku isn't working for flag at all.

any help is appreciated
Brandon
We have an update that should fix the issue in Haiku shortly.

This probably means its having trouble accessing your controller at the time that the notification is fired. This may be due to the network not being available at that time?

I have the same issue, geofencing for setting flag quit working in space at some point, very frustrating for a useful feature. Was never 100% reliable, more like 90%, now it's 0%.

can't believe 6 months have gone by and this issue is still lingering.  can we get a fix?  There is so much can do if the flag would set that we are home once flag gets inside geofence.

thanks

Back