Audio/Video to 2 TV's

The first thing that comes to my mind is a PC with multiple AV outputs and video software like Blue Iris communicating with IP cameras.

Mike.

Here utilize the Grandstream GXV3500 IP Video Encoder/Decoder for my Grandstream IP HD cams to analogue stuff.

gxv3500-1.jpg

How about using a DVR?  Someone suggested that I use two Analog cameras and one analog camera being a audio/video.  I could use splitters.  Thoughts.

Depends on the DVR.

Audio on CCTV is going to be difficult in most circumstances as many manufacturers have shy ed away from that feature due to wiretapping and other laws.

Most DVR's and NVR's that support video output, usually composite video output would fit the bill. Usually labelled as a call monitor or spot monitor output.

Most of the analog DVR's I've used have been able to do this via the composite video output (connected to a splitter)... at least the video portion. Agree with DEL re: the audio.

IP cameras?
A Mac Mini running Security Spy collects the video.
then, either AirPlay Mirroring, Air Parrot or chromecast to
Apple TVs or a cromebox/player on each of the TVs.

On a DVR that has a HDMI and VGA outputs, can you SIMULTANIOUSLY view video using the HDMI AND VGA connections to 2 different monitors?  I want to send the video to 2 different monitors at the same time for viewing.

Depends on how robust the MOBO in the DVR is. Keep in mind, even if you can, usually the limiting factor is how strong a signal the MOBO can push out. My CO has had this issue on a now discontinued OEM product that was PC based. Robust, but the vid cards were hit or miss if they could even toss enough signal to go through a 15' KVM cable, let alone an entire house's worth.

Composite or analog is going to be your best option without pushing a ton of other devices into the signal chain.

The DVR system I have looked at is the Night Owl 4-Ch 960H Digital Video Recorder with 500GB HDD, 4x 900 TVL Cameras.  Model X9-44-500

Depends on the DVR. CCTV Audio on going to be hard positions as several manufacturers have shy ed left from that feature due to monitoring laws. Most of DVR support video output, usually composite video output would fit the bill. Usually labelled to call spot monitor output.

Back