Happy Healthy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Mike to you and your family!

I am glad you are not a turkey today.

BTW the Spitfire is now a new winter project maybe?

You know I love fixing and restoring old things but I sometimes I forget that it's just a hobby and let it become too much like work. Fixing up an old car is full of unexpected pitfalls and stumbling blocks. It's one of those things that you have to do because you enjoy the doing and not to get it finished. When my everyday driver breaks down and I do my own repair it is work and I don't much enjoy it anymore but when I work on one of my old cars and I get frustrated I can walk away from it. I figure that if I'm not having fun then I'm not doing it right. For me there aren't many things in life that are both more frustrating and more satisfying than troubleshooting and getting to the bottom of a tough fix. Ya gotta love it.

I saw a 70's TR going down the road just last week and it was all dirty like it just came out of the barn and I wished that I could take it for a spin.

Mike.

Yup; just paid to store the Spitfire until next year and really not thinking much about it for time bean. 

kamienZen said:
How was your turkey? :>

Deep fried in 42 minutes... for a 22lb bird.  It was delicious.  Went for a 'regular' recipe this time, just brined it two days in a mix of sea salt and brown sugar.  In past years I've done garlic, italian, cajun, apples, and all kinds of other recipes using an injector.  Brown sugar brine made a very delicious 'plain' bird.

It was fair at best this year. We are down to just my wife, her father and myself who get together for Thanksgiving so we got a prepared turkey this year. Too salty for my liking. We've gone out to restaurants in the past few years but we have a new puppy this year so we took out and ate in.

Mike.

Here got exhausted a bit watching 3 grandchildren (under 5) run in endless circles.  I know they slept well that night.

The traditional turkey well was the same as it was last year (and the year before that, etc). 

Back