How To Physically Install M1XEP and M1DBH In Can

ccmichaelson

NOTE:  First time installer :)

Both the M1XEP and M1DBH came in white plastic containers.  Both of them pop out of their white plastic container and I was planning to install them in the 14" can but being this my first M1 install, I can't figure out how/where to install these stupid electronics inside the can.  I can't leave them in their plastic container because they don't fit (at least not in the 14" can).  If I pop them out of their plastic I still don't understand how/where these mount to the M1 cans.  Do I need to purchase something else that they "slide" in to?

Thanks!

These

I didn't mount it there, but I think there's ONE spot in upper-right side of the enclosure with the proper hole pattern for the XEP.  The DBH can mount other places.  One needs to find the properly spaced pre-drilled holes in the enclosure for the card guides..

(If I'm remembering it all properly...).

I don't have an M1DBH, but I use these nylon standoffs straight into the back of the can for the M1XEP.  

I think I went his way because I was concerned the serial port connector, when plugged in to an M1XEP mounted in a "slide-in" manner, would extend too far out and prevent the door of the can from closing.

TurboSam said:
I don't have an M1DBH, but I use these nylon standoffs straight into the back of the can for the M1XEP.  

I think I went his way because I was concerned the serial port connector, when plugged in to an M1XEP mounted in a "slide-in" manner, would extend too far out and prevent the door of the can from closing.
The XEP comes with the ribbon cable and short plugs. Fits well into an Elk can. Even the barrel connector fits easily.

Del, I forgot all about the ribbon cable.  

For some unknown reason (young and dumb?), I put the XEP too far away from the M1 plug when I first put my system together and opted for a less-flexible (but longer) serial cable.  And, of course, thoughts of a longer ribbon cable, couplers, etc never even entered my mind.   

Unless you chose a cable entry to the top right of the enclosure, that's the best place to put an XEP on SWG's and call it a day. I haven't put them anywhere else other than if I have a pair of cans side by side, I nipple them together and then run the ribbon through it and put the XEP adjacent.

Back