set urom from outside web interface - WC32

On the WC8 it was possible to save UROM values from other than the WC web interface.  Both the WC8 and WC32 PLC guide contain this tex:

from 3.02.17 firmware, WebControl supports manually set a UROM value from outside, uromid from 1 to 4:
http://192.168.1.15/api/seturom.cgi?uromid=1&value=23456789
Command line browser wget can be used to do manually control. The above lines maybe need in double quotes to work.

I have not had success with the WC32 to do this.  Can someone provide guidance?  Thanks

I just clicked your posted URL, it displayed success in browser. then I looked the WC8 board on 192.168.1.15, it did set UROM1 value to 23456789
My test is on the latest board hw rev 2.3.8, with firmware 3.03.27, but that code should work with earlier firmware, since it had not changed for a long time.

Thanks for pointing out for WC32. I just uploaded new API file in the 4.02.12 release zip file.  GUI part has no change, nor the firmware portion.
If you updated the API file following the readme.txt, the /seturom.cgi should be there now.

It is a special compressed file, its extension by any name is not a problem.  Thanks for reporting this problem.

A related question.  Can the output status be queried like the temp sensor status?  Specifically, from an Android app,  we would like to see if the OPx are inverted or not

thanks but that gives me the current value of the output. What I am looking for is the state inverted flag from the I/O setup screen

Sorry, there is no place to query the inverting state, user can configure it, then it stores internally to handle IO.  Does your app have the need to manipulate the INVERT state for each IO?  Normally, that part does not need to be changed during operation, only when your output logic -- like relay board -- changes, then need to change the INVERT bit.  Manipulate the INVERT bit in the middle could be dangerous.

not looking to change it, only read it to clearly show whether the attached relay is on (OPx is1 in normal; 0 if inverted).

Are you using some kind of programming language parsing the reply from board?  If so you can parse the output from:

http://192.168.1.15/api/iocfg.xml

each state is two bytes due to java limitation. First 16 states are browser-control-enable, next 16 states are PLC-control-enable, next 16 states are invert-ttl-output, next 16 states are invert-ttl-input states

Back