Hello all

Mikedaly

I'm a retired (read old) dbase/clipper programmer with a raspberry pi 3. I've used x10 for years using a Powerlinc 1132 controller for home lighting. Can't update the 1132 anymore because I've sworn off windows. OK I can use python to get a firecracker cm17a to talk to a tm751 and of I go into the sun. Only problem is it doesn't work. Think I've got good hardware and I can see levels changing on the dtr rts pins, but nothing happens.

Welcome to the Cocoontech forum Mikedaly. 

Many friendly folks here doing much relating to automation, security and frying turkeys (well one person) DIY and commercially; have a read and ask your questions.

Here using Ubuntu Linux / Wheezy / Jessie with the CM11A / Volp X10 stuff (serial) / TW-523 and dual phased TW-523 and it does well.  Went to using the W800 X10 RF device a few years ago.  It works with my automation software.  I am using X10 for my Christmas decorations (using old Freewire outside).  UPB light switches, ZWave and Zigbee is also utilized via Linux based automation software and OmniPro 2 panel.

I have switched here from MS Windows to Ubuntu / Wheezy / Jessie for my automation. I have continued to utilize Windows for my touchscreen interfaces (XPe, W7e and W10) relating to utilizing the Touch Consoles, Kinect, Alexa and MS SAPI stuff plus running MS VB's inside of Ubuntu.

Back