Bypass entrance motion during armin

newalarm

I have a motion in entrance and want to ignore it prior to arming. As it is now, we have to wait until everyone stops moving, then hit arm. Is there a setting to be able to arm immediately?

I use the Force Armable attribute on some doors and a couple windows. Haven't used it on any motions though. Try that on the motion in question and see if it does what you want to do.

newalarm said:
I have a motion in entrance and want to ignore it prior to arming. As it is now, we have to wait until everyone stops moving, then hit arm. Is there a setting to be able to arm immediately?

You may find that you also have trouble with the motion detector tripping an alarm when you return, but before you have a chance to disarm the system.  In that case, set the zone definition to "burglar interior follower" along with force armable.

I have the same issue, have had it for years.  You can't use the one touch arm even with it force-armable/burglar interior follower you have to arm with the code when in Ready w/ Force.   There was  an old thread about it around here somewhere with a  lot of complicated creative ideas but inthe end I think there was no simple solution.    I ended  up making sure my motions don't cover my entry doors directly, but my kitchen still catches me sometimes and I have  to stand still.

You can arm using your smart phone from outside or add a wireless keyfob to do the same. I do both and have programmed the Elk to blip the outside siren once when I arm with the keyfob and twice when I disarm to confirm that it worked.

Mike.

For some reason I thought it would be simpler. I will try above suggestions and see if they work. I am confused on "burglar interior follower" so will do some more reading.

newalarm said:
For some reason I thought it would be simpler. I will try above suggestions and see if they work. I am confused on "burglar interior follower" so will do some more reading.

burglar interior follower is to aid in re-entering an armed system as RAL said above.

From page 30 of the the installation manual -

05 Burglar Interior Follower - For motions detectors, interior doors, etc. which may be in the keypad or entry pathway.
If an entry delay zone is violated first, this zone will delay (Follow) also, otherwise it will create an instant alarm.
This zone type IS NOT ACTIVE during the STAY, STAY INSTANT, NITE, and NITE INSTANT arm modes

Got it. I used to have that motion on instant, but as we came down the stairs forgetting that alarm was on and violated the zone, the alarm would go off. No better way to wake you up in the morning :blink:

We typically use stay and night zones interchangeably as we tripped alarm opening windows as well.

We are a forgetful bunch!

If you make the motion sensor zone "force armable" and give yourself 30 seconds or so to leave the building when arming you should be OK. When you arm the system it will arm itself in spite of the fact that the motion sensor is violated due to the fact that the zone is defined as force-able. Once the motion clears itself it will work normally.

Mike.

Got it. I used to have that motion on instant, but as we came down the stairs forgetting that alarm was on and violated the zone, the alarm would go off. No better way to wake you up in the morning :blink:

We typically use stay and night zones interchangeably as we tripped alarm opening windows as well.

We are a forgetful bunch!

I also use force armable on my overhead garage door. This allows me to get in the car and arm the system while the car warms up for a minute with the door open. When I drive out and close the door the door sensor becomes armed as soon as the sensor closes.

Mike.

So I currently have motion definition set to 01= bugler entry/exit 1 with force armable

I seem to have to hit exit twice, or enter the code once to set alarm. When I hit exit twice, it force arms, but then for some reason goes to vacation mode? I have never used 'force armable' before.

I would like to avoid typing in code each time we want to exit house.

If all else fails, you can program a function button to arm - it'll generally arm no matter what's wrong as a fail-safe.

Code is required to force arm as it is a "lesser" level of security. You could modify the scroll arm methods if you don't use vacation and the random arming types, otherwise a F key is an option.

Back