ELK M1 Wireless Zone Question

Eric2XU

Hey there, 

Moved my panel to a new home. After calling 10 installers and none of them willing to pre-wire for sensors before the drywall went up (I lived out of state at the time or I would have done it myself) other then two who both wanted over 4K I decided that at 50$ a window wireless sensors would be alot less. 

I have a M1XRFTW for smoke detectors, I just ordered two window sensors to try them out and they work but I noticed I only have zones 17-32. That will not be enough. I thought the M1XRFTW was able to support over 100 sensors? What do I need to do to support more devices? 

In RP2, right click on "Zones (inputs)" and then select "New Wireless Zones."  A pop up window will appear where you can then enable one or more groups of 16 wireless zones.

This is an old post but just something I want to add... there was a bug in RP where if you added the zones but didn't add any sensors at the same time, the whole block of zones would revert to WIRED and you'd lose the fields to input the sensors.  To get them back, you'd have to remove the block and re-add it, and be sure to add a sensor at the same time before saving out.

Back