wiring sanity check? Powerview blinds

jon102034050

I'm going to purchase some wire for Hunter Douglas Powerview blinds that I have installed in my home to switch from battery to hardwired (power only). HD support gave me the following spreadsheet to calculate the gauge of wires I should be using

eJOXGxg.png

My runs won't be any longer than 60 feet, and I'll be home running each run. Does this mean that technically I would be OK with 18/2 wire? I'm looking at going with 16/2 just to be safe, does this wire look OK? 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KO3RCK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks!

With home run wiring, only the current to a single shade will be running through each run.  You'll be fine using 18/2 for this. I wouldn't increase the size to 16/2 - it would just be a waste.  With 18/2, you have almost a 2x margin of safety at 60 feet.

The Coleman wire you linked to is fine if you decide to use 16/2.  Whatever wire you go with, make sure it is rated at least CL2, and is pure copper, not copper clad aluminum (CCA).

RAL said:
With home run wiring, only the current to a single shade will be running through each run.  You'll be fine using 18/2 for this. I wouldn't increase the size to 16/2 - it would just be a waste.  With 18/2, you have almost a 2x margin of safety at 60 feet.

The Coleman wire you linked to is fine if you decide to use 16/2.  Whatever wire you go with, make sure it is rated at least CL2, and is pure copper, not copper clad aluminum (CCA).

Awesome, thank you. Stranded wire is okay, right? Just want to be sure because you didnt mention anything about stranded vs solid.

Either stranded or solid is ok. It's your choice as to what you prefer to work with.  Solid is nice where you want to bend the wire and have it hold its shape. 

Back