Ethernet connection limit for OP2?

sjht

Is there a connection limit for this hardware? Been beta testing the new MyroHome iOS app which includes Apple Watch integration. It is really slick and Ive also added the Mac OS app to give me iOS notifications, but wondered about adding more network connections to my setup. Will likely disconnect others if needed to make room. SJ

I don't think anyone has ever seen what the limit is, but since the ethernet interface really just hangs off of the RS-485 serial bus of the entire system, the more you are clogging up the bus with notification messages and queries, the worse your overall system performance will be.

I am sure you will get to a point where delays in processing events and keypad presses will become quite noticeable.

The clogging of the HAI Ethernet interface relating to the old Haiku application was reported here on the forum a few years back.

The promiscuous HAI Ethernet port sees everthing and as mentioned above connects directly to the serial bus causes the panel to abend.

The early band aid fix was to disconnect the Ethernet interface which worked with all of the serially connected devices (including legacy serial OmniTouch screens).

Later was to install a router between the Ethernet interface and the rest of the network.

Back