hai omnitouch 5.7e won't reconnect itself to the network

chasers03

Whenever there is a disruption in the Ethernet or power connection for my hai omnitouch 5.7e's they don't come back up automatically.  Only showing "Connecting Please wait..." on a blue screen.  I then have to touch hold the screen corner to get the Network screen up and then tap "OK".  
Can anyone tell me the solution to this?

Take the cover off and hit the reset button and it'll connect to the network.  If you make any changes to your panel you should also do this as the OmniTouch 5.7e will not dynamically get the new configuration.

Thanks Pete.  Your saying this will let the screen come back on automatically each time after a power or internet interruption assuming no program changes were made?

And you are saying that anytime I amend the PC Access program for the OPII that I should go to each of the seven 5.7e touch screens and do the reset button, right?

Tapping the reset button is a lot easier than the way I was doing it by holding my finger on the screen corner etc. 

Your saying this will let the screen come back on automatically each time after a power or internet interruption assuming no program changes were made?

If the Omnitouch 5.7e screen goes to connecting mode anytime then a reset via button will bring it back.

I use a spoon to take off the cover.  Never touch the configuration.

And you are saying that anytime I amend the PC Access program for the OPII that I should go to each of the seven 5.7e touch screens and do the reset button, right?

Yes.  It is a bit of a PITA. 

Another way that works is a managed POE switch where you can power off the OmniPro 5.7e via the managed switch interface.

Here my micro router is POE powered these days too.  And CCTV that the OP2 panel can access.

Back