Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

UPB Control and Status Errors--Problem Solved


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bighorn

bighorn

    Cocooner

  • Registered
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II
  • Tech:UPB
  • Audio:Russound
  • Video:AirPlay
  • CCTV:analog, dvr
  • Phone:POTS, VoIP via ISP

Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:15 PM

Hello, I've edited my original post to be more concise. Updated problem description below. In an effort to trouble shoot a new Omni Notifier (that I cannot get to work--see other post), I tried switching my serial ports.  Originally UPB was Serial #3 and non working Notifier was Serial #2.  Then I physically changed them on my OPII board and changed their location assignment in PCA software. Since switching Serial locations didn't fix my Notifer issue, I changed both Serial ports back physically and in the PCA Serial set up to make Serial #2 Notifier and Serial #3 UPB.  I "wrote" the Serial assignment change to controller and am now having problems with my Units.  Here's what's happening: 1) I turn on a HAI UPB physical light switch and the PCA software recognizes the status change. (From off to on and vice versa) 2) I try to change the Unit/Light status via PCA (or HAIKU or Space) and I see the HAI UPB Powerline Interface Module light change from green to red then back to green.  Seems to be working properly as the PCA software shows the Unit/light status change, BUT the actual lights don't turn on or off.   I'm currently running PCA v3.17, OPII FW v4.0B, and Notifier v2.0.   Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for just reading my post.   Cheers,   Geoff


Edited by bighorn, 26 December 2018 - 10:03 AM.


#2 bighorn

bighorn

    Cocooner

  • Registered
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II
  • Tech:UPB
  • Audio:Russound
  • Video:AirPlay
  • CCTV:analog, dvr
  • Phone:POTS, VoIP via ISP

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:02 AM

Problem Solved.  Sharing solution to help others who may have similar problem.

 

The PIM was in "pulse" mode and not "message" mode.  Maybe this changed when I switched it from Serial port #3 to Serial port #2 while trying to troubleshoot the Notifier board.  Note Serial 3 is recommended for UPB.

 

This was the instruction from a previous post on how to change from pulse to message mode.  Thanks to your all for creating such a valuable resource to solve problems.

 

"There is a small recessed button on the PIM on one of the sides.  Get a paperclip or something and while its plugged in press the button 5 times.  The LED should start blinking green.  Press the button 10 times very quickly - the PIM should begin to blink red. Press the button 1 time - the PIM should stop blinking, indicating it has been reset.  I bet things start working with the Omni after that."

 

Hope this is helpful.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users