How do you check status of an output on ELK?

Where do you want to display the status?  On a keypad, or someplace else?
You can test the state of an output with a rule, and then send a message to a keypad.

Old thread but I just ran into this trying to troubleshoot something. Seems kind of nuts that you can't view and control outputs from within ElkRP.

upstatemike said:
Old thread but I just ran into this trying to troubleshoot something. Seems kind of nuts that you can't view and control outputs from within ElkRP.

I assume it's because there isn't a constant 2-way communication stream between the panel and the software.  This is why you have to push your settings to the panel when you make changes.  I agree that even if you had to press a "status" button to get the current status of zones, etc it would be helpful when trying to troubleshoot something.

sic0048 said:
I assume it's because there isn't a constant 2-way communication stream between the panel and the software.  This is why you have to push your settings to the panel when you make changes.  I agree that even if you had to press a "status" button to get the current status of zones, etc it would be helpful when trying to troubleshoot something.

I don't know about that. You get real time status on zones in ElkRP so I don't know why Output data would be any different.

Must be a shortcoming of ElkRP itself. The ISY admin console interface will show them real time. Can’t remember if you use the ISY or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the M1ToGo tip. 
I just downloaded it and connected without issues.
Question thought: How do I change areas? I have my outputs in Automation area (8th partition) and all I can see is Main House (1st partition). 
Yes, I do miss HAI.

Back