Having trouble with External access. Port forwarding

Konquers

Running an OmniPro II trying to set up access via SnapLink from off network. Ive set up a dynamic DNS through no-ip.com and its receiving updates.
Where im getting stumped is getting access to the omni from here. I tried to port forward the controllers default port on its IP according the guidelines on the no-ip site but am not having any luck. This is the first time Ive done this so thats as far as my guess work has taken.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

try to put controller IP to DMZ.
Other point, controller have to connect direct to router. if your controller connected to internet through wifi router, you have to forward port 2 times

After port forwarding (4369) my router I then had to set my away controller up using the WAN 1 IP address Which is a strange looking IP ie. 69.59.88.212 But it now worked to get into the Omni from offsite

So I port forwarded (4369) according to the instructions on no-ip.com through my router but it still reads not open using the port checker through their site. Im sure theres something Im missing but not sure what it is.
Did add the omni to the DMZ to try that but no different result.

I had the same issue and found out that the modem my ISP provided had an internal firewall that was blocking the port.   After 4 calls to tech support, I was finally able to get them to open the port.

Konquers said:
So I port forwarded (4369) according to the instructions on no-ip.com through my router but it still reads not open using the port checker through their site. Im sure theres something Im missing but not sure what it is.
Did add the omni to the DMZ to try that but no different result.

try to visit https://www.whatismyip.com  by Local computer. You may see your WANIP, try it instead domain name to make sure your forward rule is right or router firewall did not block access from outside

Here utilize VPN for the Snaplink connection.  With the VPN connection to the OP2 panel I can see the cameras attached to the OP2 board.

You do not need to open any ports on the firewall using VPN.

pete_c said:
Here utilize VPN for the Snaplink connection.  With the VPN connection to the OP2 panel I can see the cameras attached to the OP2 board.

You do not need to open any ports on the firewall using VPN.

Hi Pete,

what is " cameras attached to the OP2 board"?

All of the IP cameras defined in PCA are seen via the Snaplink application locally or remotely.

Same as with the Omnitouch 5.7e's locally without VPN. 

I have also configured a remote tabletop / Omnitouch Pro running via a VPN (IPSEC) tunnel and it works fine.

IE: PFSense runs an OpenVPN and IPSec VPN server.  Easy to configure any sort of clients (cellular, tablet, desktop and my tabletop touchscreens).

Note that this is different than using a VPN service.

pete_c said:
All of the IP cameras defined in PCA are seen via the Snaplink application locally or remotely.

Same as with the Omnitouch 5.7e's locally without VPN. 

I have also configured a remote tabletop / Omnitouch Pro running via a VPN (IPSEC) tunnel and it works fine.

IE: PFSense runs an OpenVPN and IPSec VPN server.  Easy to configure any sort of clients (cellular, tablet, desktop and my tabletop touchscreens).

Note that this is different than using a VPN service.

Thank Pete_c, more clear right now.But I think  almost ISP with router need forward (NAT) port.

Newer routers or say an OpenWRT router lets you set up a VPN server such that you do not have to open any ports up for access to your home network.

Here is a short description of OpenVPN server that you can install on a micro router ($20).

hxxps://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/vpn/openvpn/basic

pete_c said:
Newer routers or say an OpenWRT router lets you set up a VPN server such that you do not have to open any ports up for access to your home network.

Here is a short description of OpenVPN server that you can install on a micro router ($20).

hxxps://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/vpn/openvpn/basic

It's seem a amazing solution!

And easy to do and secure way today at access your home network via a tablet, Smartphone or computer.

Back