Premise Thank you John!

Motorola Premise

Just wanted to say thanks for posting the updated Minibroker for Insteon. I set it up this morning and my Switchlinc Relays were correctly identified. I noticed that you put in support for the RemoteLinc......... Now here you go making me send money 8). Guess I'll have to get one and play with it a bit.

Quick Question on the Switchlinc Relays. In the browser is there a way to have the percentage of power reflect when a light is on. It stays at 0% when the light is actually at 100%.

Thank you again.
Kaz
======================
Sorry about that :)

The switchlinc seems pretty reliable. I'm really waiting for their motion detector. They've promised that for quite some time, but still haven't delivered.

You should only bind the SwitchLinc Relay to a "RelayLight" at the home level since the SwitchLinc has no dimmer support (and really can't if you think about it). It sounds like you've got it bound to a Home object class that supports a dimmer (most light-related classes do).

thanks,

-John
======================
Thanks John,
By the way,how is your Insteon installation holding up? I have had a few too many problems with failing hardware so I plan on replacing mine over time with Lutron RadioRA.
======================
I had several PLC's fail within a few weeks and almost gave up too. The last one with the updated firmware has been solid for almost a year.
======================
BTW, there is a brand new Lutron Homeworks 4-series processor on sale on EBay. Only 11 hours to go and the processor is still under $600. I've been watching the Lutron auctions for a while now and it appears that you could put a whole Homeworks system together from new-in-box parts for less than 50% of the regular cost.

Patrik
======================
Thanks for the info. I have yet to try buying anything from Ebay. I guess maybe I need to start look into joining.

Back