Android tablet for $28.99 Today Easter Sunday 2014

pete_c

Guru

iView CyberPad 420TPC Android Tablet - 1.2GHz 512MB DDR3 4GB flash memory 4.3" Tablet WIFI Android 4.2 White (iVIEW-420TPC-WT)
  • Cortex A8 CPU (1.2GHz)
  • 4.3" TFT Capacitive Touch Screen, 480 x 272
  • Camera 0.3MP, WIFI 802.11b/g
  • 512MB DDR3 4GB flash memory
  • Android 4.2, White Color

$28.99 with free shipping.

20th of April, 2014 1039CST

Sale Ends in 16 hours.

http://www.neweggflash.com/product/0EJ-0019-00005

Obviously the sale is over, but the 480x272 screen resolution is terrible.  That's about 1/4 the size of a older touch screen cell phone just for comparison.  I have an IP phone with that resolution and it really limits what you can do with it.

Yup; here got one similar that Geeks dot com was selling as a gift last year.  I did test it out with Homeseer Touch and it worked.  Thinking it was a bit over $50 when being sold on Geeks dot com.

It would make for an oversize LCD virtual light switch and for $28 its an reasonably priced intro to Homeseer touch and cheaper than an automated switch and an in home alternative to an old low resolution cell phone. (well a virtual switch) 

You'll have to squint if you put little buttons on the screen.  The capacitance screen is OK and sensitive enough.

I also tested it as a little streaming web cam taping it to the inside of the parrot cage.  Worked fine with only a couple of disconnects and the parrot didn't eat it.

It is very thin; you can Velcro it anywhere.  It is made for kids.  Think of it as an Easter Basket filler.

Playing a bit lately with a modded Samsung Ultra Q1 running Windows 8.1, Mac and Android.  This is another little tiny touchscreen.  I cannot get used to the little keys on it.

The Windows resolution is at 1078X768 which is a bit difficult on the eyes as the screen is small too on this device.  The big Windows 8.1 tablet icons look OK on it.

This cracked me up.... inside a birdcage and all I can think of is "not fit to line a birdcage"  Guess it says something about the value of the item if you are willing to put it in there! ;-)

pete_c said:
I also tested it as a little streaming web cam taping it to the inside of the parrot cage. 

Back