Any M1 hobbyists/ installer in Los Angeles? --need help with my M1

treo650

Hi All,

My original thread here:

http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/20341-elk-m1-gold-m1gsys4s-pre-install-questions-and-help-please/page__p__165670#entry165670

FIANLLY, after many months, my new home construction is close to being finished, so its time for the alarm to get installed.

I am requesting help from my fellow L.A cocooners, and will be willing to pay you for your time/service/ and gas if you can come help.

1) Everything is structured home run, so all the cables are there
2) Everything will be wired connection
3) already hooked up the window magnets

I figure it will be about a total of 1-2 hours (MAX) job, since all the cables are pre-run, just now need to hook up the alarm panel and motions.

Is there anyone near looking for some work? Im willing to pay for your help.

Im near Pasadena, please PM or reply

BIG THANKS!

When you do find an M1 friendly installer, please ask him to add himself to the CocoonTech Installer list, this will help the next person looking for someone in your area (and it's free).

Member @jpmargis lives about 25 miles away from me and he is willing to help out -Very nice Gentleman

I'll keep this thread updated.

Or if someone else, shoot me a pm

Just for fun... let us know how many hours it really takes! If you estimate 1-2 hours MAX, I would venture to guess 8-12! ^_^

Well, I was projecting from a pro's outlook with the terminal connections.

As far as the elk rp software commands, that's a different story

Just an update to this thread, @jpmargis finished up my M1 install today, took two days like he projected. ~14 hours total with two days.

It was a VERY GOOD learning experience, and with his knowledgable background in electronics, he was extremely informative and thorough.

I can honestly say, Ive learned alot in the past two days.

@jpmargis helped me set up an elk board, M1XIN expander, 4 keypads, 4 LED doorbells, and 29 zones. -Sensors and magnets were hooked up by me with his aid, and he hooked everything up at the panel.

EXTREMELY KIND GENTLEMAN, and very knowledgable.

Because of this experience, I will pay it forward and do my best to help others on the board, with what I know and learned (and will continue to learn from others here re: the elk)

Thanks again @jpmargis

Back