Caddx NX8e with HS2 on Win10 64-Bit PC

BraveSirRobbin

Is anyone running HS2 on a Win10 64-bit PC using the JVCaddx Plugin for interfacing an older Caddx NX8e Security System (via the serial port)?

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get a friend (installed this security system many many years ago) up and running as his old computer crashed (that I setup) with a new one he bought.  Nothing in the security panel changed.

We can 'connect' with the serial port, but no devices are being populated correctly and no events will trigger.

Thanks,

BSR

Here still running two HS2 boxes in old 32bit Wintel (server) with beacoup serial ports (not Elk stuff though).

Everything is Digi.  It is one Digi USB hub to two Digi Edgeports or a Digi USB Anywhere (connected to 2 Digi Edgeports).

Works in Linux Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit and Windows 32-64 bit whatever flavor.

I am using Windows 10 for remote Homeseer 3 automation and have had no issues with serial / USB ports stuff.

Are you using a direct serial port, USB, LAN serial server or LAN USB hub to serial USB device for the new computer running Windows 10?

I have found Windows 10 a bit more plug n play than W7 (but not E) and currently running Homeseer 3 on Ubuntu 14.04 with an Oracle Wintel VB (which I just changed from 32 bit wintel to 64bit wintel).

Just a quickie search relating to USB to Serial devices and W10 drivers.

What has happened is that there have been counterfeit "Prolific" chips coming from China. The counterfeit chips use the same Vendor ID (VID_067B) and Product ID (PID_2303) as the authentic Prolific chips. So, Prolific made changes to their newest drivers to render the adapters using counterfeit chips unusable. Unfortunately, it renders all earlier adapters inoperative and so you have to go out and buy new ones. Planned obsolescence? Getting a working driver installed for the average user is almost impossible.

That was going to be my item to consider....is the USB to serial adapter new or old, has it been tested?

I literally have 3 different serial adapters as I have to go with what the manufacturers call as their supported units, even though in theory they're all the same.

Back