Premise [download] ScriptMacro: Convert Premise Browser to 1024x768.

Motorola Premise

File Name: ScriptMacro: Convert Premise Browser to 1024x768.
File Submitter: 123
File Submitted: 02 May 2012
File Updated: 02 May 2012
File Category: Premise
Author: 123
Version: 1.0

A few years ago, I described how to convert Premise Browser (AutomationBrowser) from its default resolution of 800x600 to 1024x768. The instructions can be found in this post. There are several steps involved and the process is tedious. Now it can be done quickly with a ScriptMacro.

The attached zip archive contains four files:
  1. PremiseBrowser1024x768.xdo (Contains the ScriptMacro)
  2. Default.htm (Premise Web Server's startup page)
  3. TexturedWindowsXP.jpg (Theme image)
  4. Space_1024x768.jpg (Theme image)
The JPGs are included for your convenience and are designed to replace the background Theme image for the WindowsXP and Space themes. Simply rename your existing TexturedWindowsXP.jpg file and copy the supplied one to:

C:/Program Files/Premise/SYS/web/Images/TexturedWindowsXP.jpg

If you are using another Theme, you'll need to create a new background image resized to 1024x768.

Import the XDO and it will create a ScriptMacro here:
Modules > Default > Macros > PremiseBrowser > PremiseBrowser1024x768

Replace C:/Program Files/Premise/SYS/web/Platforms/Desktop/default.htm with the supplied Default.htm file. Alternately, if you have other modifications in your default.htm file that you don't want to lose, follow the modification instructions in the first section (HTML Modifications) of the original post.

Run the PremiseBrowser1024x768 ScriptMacro and it will convert AutomationBrowser's display resolution. Restart the Premise Server service so that it reads the new Default.htm file.

Please note that the Media-related dialogs will continue to display in 800x600. You'll have to replace their 800x600 background images with 1024x768 images.

Click here to download this file

So one strange behavior I am seeing now is that when I first open a browser window and then open the Premise page, it opens to 800x600. I can stretch it out to 1024x768. But everything is sized correctly for 1024x768. Where is the initial window size parameter in Premise?

I just checked the contents of the Default.htm file included in the zip archive. I confirmed it contains the appropriate JavaScript functions that resize the browser's window to 1024x768. Please ensure you replace Premise's original Default.htm with the supplied version and restart the Premise Server service (or just its Web Server service in Builder). The restart is necessary to ensure the Premise's Web Server loads the modified Default.htm file.

Found it. But I'm not sure I understand it :) Somewhere along the way, I changed the default.htm in the web folder. It had:

Code:
function Grab(docName)
  {window.resizeTo(1024,768);

Changed it to 800,600 and all is well.